Oh how the years are just flying by! I wish I could just slow down the years, it feels like just a couple days ago Mason was just the thought in the back of my mind. Mason is now 3 and a half years old a full blown toddler!
A big thing that have happened in these years are we did have a big scare with delayed language development! I really started to worry after he was around 20 months old and I felt that something was wrong! Most babies start talking at about 11 months and it can be normal from anywhere from 22-16 months to not start talking. I started doing research which of course scared me even more. I called our doctor and he said to not really start worrying until he was about 2 and a half years old and then we could see if their was a real issue at hand. I was so worried that he might have a hearing problem or an issue with his tongue/palate or an oral motor problem!
At 22 months Mason started saying one word things such as “Mama” (His first word, I was so excited I cried!) and “no” and simple words like that, and he used motor gestures for most things. But by 26 months I took him in to see if it was any of the aforementioned problems that he wasn’t progressing totally normally. The doctor checked him all out and told me there were not any serious issues and that all babies develop differently and also assured me it was normal to worry. He was completely right, the speech and the phrases came later but they sure did come! Now I can hardly get him to stop talking! And also thankfully that has been our only scare with Mason, other than that he has developed perfectly normally.
He is so adorable, it is so obvious he looks exactly like me, with big brown eyes, and lots and lots of thick brown Italian hair! We are very close and I would describe Mason as having a strong attachment to me. When I leave the room he starts crying more often than not, but we will stop almost immediately upon my arrival back. I would say my parenting style is sometimes too kind and lenient. I worry he might become a disobedient child because I definitely have a hard time setting strict rules and being stern! I love his so much it just hurts me to see him mad at me! Chloe is definitely the stricter one so I leave most of the reprimanding to her and the consoling to me! I know I need to probably tighten up, but for now it hasn’t seem to affect Mason negatively in any way. I am excited for the years to come and I promise to keep you all updated on Masons childhood as his toddler years have been interesting and quite the experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment